WANT TO BE A PART OF THE 23RD ANNUAL OLD NATIONAL TURKEY DAY 5K WITHOUT EXHAUSTING YOURSELF?
BE A VOLUNTEER!
The following volunteer slots are available:
- Food and drink area – We will need 7-10 people to help put out the food and drinks for the participants as they
complete the race. We’ll start setting up around 8:05 am (just after the race starts) and should be finished up
no later than 10:30 am.
- Corner watchers – Our corner watchers hold signs warning traffic of closed intersections and roads as well as directional
signs for our runners and walkers. We will need around 40 people as corner watchers but they must be 18 or have an
adult with them to perform this job. Volunteers report around 8:15 am for their assignment and supplies.
The shift is over when the last walker clears the assigned location.
- Water table helpers – We can use 10-15 people to pour water into cups and pass them out to participants as they go by the
station. The shift will start at 8:15 a.m. and end after the last participant has cleared the station.
- Set up and Break Down – We will need 2-3 people to help set up tables and hang banners in the YMCA Gym before the race;
help take down tables and arrange trophies after the race begins; and hand out trophies during the awards ceremony.
We start setting up at 5 a.m., the race starts at 8 am and the awards ceremony is usually around 9:45 am.
This would be the longest shift, but there would be some down time between assignments.
- Mile Marker Timers – We could use two people as mile marker timers. These volunteers would stand by markers for
miles 1 and 2 with a stopwatch and shout out the time shown on the stopwatch as runners and walkers pass. The stopwatch
is provided. The Volunteer starts the stopwatch when the race begins and stops the watch after the final participant has
cleared the area.
- Register Runners – We could use two people as runners to take completed entry forms from the registration tables to the
data entry room for processing.
Interested? Click on this button to sign up!